Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch & SMTP Banner Check errors affecting emails being received

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hanadullset, Dec 2, 2016.

1. hanadullset

hanadullset Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    A client of mine mentioned that he hasn't been able to receive 100% of the emails from another server. He said that sometimes the person will email him, he won't get the email but the same email will be received by a staff member in another room.

I suggested to my client that if he is using Outlook to add the email address to a safe senders list, create a rule for that email address, etc., etc.

I went a step further and did some scans at MX Toolbox which returned: SMTP Reverse DNS Mismatch & SMTP Banner Check... Could these two issues be a reason that some emails make it through and others don't?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Those warning messages should not affect incoming email delivery. Try searching for one of the affected messages using the Track Delivery option in cPanel:

Track Delivery - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

You should be able to determine if it was delivered to a specific email account.

Thanks!

ruzbehraja likes this.