The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong bandwidth measure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gvard, Mar 9, 2004.

1. gvard

gvard Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Greetings from Greece,

I have a problem with bandwidth measuring: I have two specific clients who have different bandwidth displays in the cpanel and Bandmin.

For domain A, the bandwidth usage through cpanel main window is 5.91GB, while in the Bandmin is 11.89GB (March 2004).

Why is this difference? Which one is the right one? :confused:

2. perlchild

perlchild Well-Known Member

Why, both... You just need to read the fine print, the one in cpanel lists only certain ports, while bandmin lists all data destined for a single ip. They are both right... because they aren't measuring the same thing. Now pick one, and tell your clients this is the one they'll be billed from.

3. gvard

gvard Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Good morning from Greece,

Well, I don't think this is the reason of the different measuring, because user doesn't have anything else in his account, except http downloads and a forum, ports which cpanel counts. The extra traffic in bandmin isn't just 5-10%, it's almost 100% (almost double the traffic)! I checked my website and the same thing happens, bandmin shows almost double traffic. :confused: