The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wrong DB count in cPanel

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Havri, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Havri

Havri Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I am encountering some issues with the cPanel DB Count in the cPanel interface. A user has only 2 DBs in cPanel, as shown in PHPMyAdmin and in the mysql information schema.

In the directory /home/user/.cpanel/datastore/mysql-db-count, the number is correct (2, in this case), but in the /var/cpanel/datastore/user/ directory there are 2 files (mysql-db-count and mysql-db-usage). Both of these files contain incorrect info about the user's DB count.

The file "mysql-db-count" contains only the character "7" and the "mysql-db-usage" contains some info about databases that probably existed, but don't exista anymore:

user_qs: 0
    user_magento: 19926724
    user_chuck_norris: 0
    user_test: 0
    user_demo: 0
    user_ciberonix: 0
    user_work: 30573140

I already ran /scripts/update_db_cache a few times but it didn't help.

Can anyone help me get this fixed?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In that accounts cPanel > Databases section > MySQL Databases, do you see them listed there? If yes, you can delete them from there as well.

3. Havri

Havri Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I checked cPanel > Databases section > MySQL Databases and there are only 2 DBs. I've also made a backup and deleted the original "mysql-db-count" and "mysql-db-usage" from /var/cpanel/datastore/user/ folder and ran upcp --force. After the update, I reran the /scripts/update_db_cache and the issue seems to have been resolved.

Thank you for your time.

Regards.

Infopro likes this.