The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wrong port?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secret Agent, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Packaging the account... The remote server xxx.9.179.254 unexpectedly terminated the connection. (wrong port or connection not allowed from this server?)Done

I got that during a copy multiple account session. Strange because login is fine, port is fine and everything on the other 2nd server is the same exact.

What could be the problem? I searched for this but found nothing

2. Ali Hamad

Ali Hamad Member

Hi ;

do you have firewalls installed ? if so , stop firewalls and flush iptables in both servers :
    /etc/init.d/apf stop
    /sbin/iptables -F

give it a try

3. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Unfortunately that didn't work

Fetching Domain Information... The remote server xxx.9.179.254 unexpectedly terminated the connection. (wrong port or connection not allowed from this server?)Done

I have APF on both servers but I have APF on many and never had this problem before. Same default APF settings as well

4. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

My APF config

# Common ingress (inbound) TCP ports -3000_3500 = passive port range for Pure F$
    IG_TCP_CPORTS="21,22,25,53,80,110,143,443,2082,2083, 2086,2087, 2095, 2096,3000$
    #
    # Common ingress (inbound) UDP ports
    IG_UDP_CPORTS="53"

# Common egress (outbound) TCP ports
    EG_TCP_CPORTS="21,25,80,443,43,2089"
    #
    # Common egress (outbound) UDP ports
    EG_UDP_CPORTS="20,21,53"

5. Ali Hamad

Ali Hamad Member

Hello,

Ensure that ssh on port 22 , if ssh port on another port ensure that you allowed it in your firewall config file .
    Ensure that your second server isn't blocked by another one and do the same thing with your first server .

If you need for urgent assistance, PM me, I will be glad to help as I can.

Regard,