Wrong server name in Notification

Jaffery

Mar 15, 2011
Hi,

On of the cpanel installation I am running was installed from template provided by server provider, now whenver i create new account, I receive notification like following in in subject :
New account on test2.myProviderName.org (somedomain.com)

However my cpanel server name is : server5.myOWNdomain.com

So basically I can I change test2.myProviderName.org with in subject of new account creation ?

When I had received it first time, they had test a test2.myProviderName.org as test account, I removed it..

Please help.

Jaffery

Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for your help, however, before asking question I had already a meeting with Friends you mentioned (the docs) and as per friends (docs), I had already setup proper name server but still when I set new account, it shows test2.myProviderName.org (somedomain.com) but I have setup hostname as server5.myOWNdomain.com.

May be I was not able to explain properly.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

It's possible the initial hostname is cached. You may want to try forcing an update of cPanel:

Code:
# /scripts/upcp --force
Please submit a ticket if the issue persists after updating cPanel. You can submit a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Post the ticket number here so we can track the issue.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Did you find out how they fixed yours as mine is displaying virtio.localdomain in the subject line yet the sender has the correct hostname.
Feel free to submit a support ticket if there are references to the old hostname after updating the hostname through Web Host Manager. You can submit a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Remember to post the ticket number here so we can track the issue.

Thank you.