The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ws ftp pro does not list all files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by onaweb, Apr 7, 2006.

1. onaweb

onaweb Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2004
    I'm having a problem with ws ftp pro v. 9.01

I have a client with an images folder. We are having problems with viewing a view of the images. The file is there, I can get to it via the browser, I can also see it in Cpanel's file manager. But when I bring up her site in WS FTP Pro, it doesn't display that file. There are actually about 2 dozen files that ftp does not list in the remote side. The files are there, but it doesn't list them. I'm wondering if WS FTP has a file limit that any one knows of. WS FTP shows that there are 1998 files in that folder.

Thank you,
  2. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2002
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you tried using a different FTP client to see if the issue is just with WS FTP? This would be the first step in diagnosing this issue. If other FTP clients exhibit the same results, then it is likely a server issue. If other FTP clients do not, then its likely an issue with WS FTP.

If the server you are connecting to is running PureFTP, I know there is a file limit that it will show to FTP clients. I believe the default is 2000 files. To edit this setting edit the file:

and look file the Directive LimitRecursion

You should see the 2000, increase that to a higher value (i.e. 3000). Then save and close that file and restart pureFTPd:

There may be a similar setting with ProFTP, but I'm really not sure. I believe the default FTP daemon is PureFTP anyway.