The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WWW Doesn't work and Account Freezing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roosevelt, Aug 5, 2006.

1. roosevelt

roosevelt Member

Jul 17, 2006
    The problem with account freezing has been fixed by the technicians but I wanted to know myself why this occurs and how to fix it. By account freezing I mean the user cannot make any changes to his files, like edit/delete and CHMOD. In addition I just noticed when I go to it doesn't load the website. But when I try it loads up the website just fine. I Checked the DNS Zone and it does have a CNAME for www. But still it isn't working, so what is the possible solution?
  2. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ask your technicians what the problem was - there could be several causes. Ultiimately however it's going to be related to file ownership, file permissions (less likely), or incorrect paths (even less likely). If the user can't chmod then it's likely to be file ownership.

Not sure about the DNS problem, could be anything since you haven't checked much. Check out whether the A record for exists then check out whether exists. It's likely the zone isn't being loaded because of a syntax error or because the serial number wasn't updated (in which last case restarting named would solve the problem).