The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.subdomain stopped working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metro2, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    An odd problem has cropped up with only one of my customer's account and I'm curious to know if anyone else has encountered this or what you think might be wrong.

I'll try to explain as best I can...

The customer has a main domain and an addon domain. Under each of those he has created subdomains.

The subdomains under the addon domain suddenly can no longer be accessed with www. in front of them. (The subdomains under his main domain do not have this problem).

For example, let's say he has:

and works fine. does not work. The site can only be access without the w's, just as

I've checked his DNS zone file to make sure it has A entries for both subdomain and www.subdomain on all.

I've checked httpd.conf and it has the proper entries, like:

This problem only exists with this one customer's account on the server, and only with subdomains created under his addon domain.

It just started happening 2 days ago and the only change made on the server around that time was upgrading from cPanel 11.18.1-R20571 to cPanel 11.18.1-R20683 , but that may or may not just be coincidental.

My config:
    WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.1-R20683
    REDHAT Enterprise 4 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0
    PHP 5.2.5
    mySQL 5.0.45
    Apache 2.2.6

Can anyone advise? Any ideas?

Thank you for any attempt to help, I appreciate it.