I am also having problems with a customer using the file manager.
In our case the user cannot edit a html file. It simply puts up a blank page
and then in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log i see this:
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.5: Undefined symbol "pthread_mutex_lock"
cPanel 11.25.0-R42400 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9
i would guess it has something to do with how some software was compiled
and failed to get threading in it? But that is just a guess. I just started
debugging it. I did a upgrade of cpanel and then a rebuild of apache and php.
Still no luck.
Since i posted to this thread i might as well post my solution so this may bring
someone closer to solving their problem.
After poking around for a while i noticed an /opt directory containing a dir
called xml2. Now on freebsd, admins normally do not use /opt. We have /usr/local/
for software additions. So to see this directory set off alarm bells as a key
to solving the problem.
basically that /opt/xml2/lib dir contained all the xml2 libs. Well how about i
backup my libs in /usr/local/lib and put these there?
www# ls -al /opt/xml2/lib
drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 512 Jan 20 14:35 .
drwxr-xr-x 6 root wheel 512 Jun 3 2008 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 3251506 Jan 20 14:35 libxml2.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 974 Jan 20 14:35 libxml2.la
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 12 Jan 20 14:35 libxml2.so -> libxml2.so.9
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 2328910 Jun 3 2008 libxml2.so.8
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 2379503 Jan 20 14:35 libxml2.so.9
www# ls -al /usr/local/lib | grep xml2
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 3251506 Jan 21 11:29 libxml2.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1377542 Jan 20 15:46 libxml2.a.backup
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 974 Jan 21 11:29 libxml2.la
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 965 Jan 20 15:46 libxml2.la.backup
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 27 Jan 21 11:29 libxml2.so -> /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.9
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 1271851 Jan 20 15:46 libxml2.so.5.backup
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 2379503 Jan 21 11:29 libxml2.so.9
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 12 Jan 20 15:46 libxml2.so.backup -> libxml2.so.5
and after that the html editor worked, i stopped getting the error in the
logs, and i just hope i did not break something else.