Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

X-Failed-Recipients

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asmithjr, Sep 6, 2004.

1. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

ok, my inbox contains all the reject emails from my maillist progam, just the thing I need.

All emails have X-Failed-Recipients in the header. My questions is.

How would one put together a script that would provide the list of emails that bounced and the reason they bounced?

Am I asking the obvious? has anyone attempted to put such a program together.

I lookied into http://search.cpan.org/~freeside/Mail-DeliveryStatus-BounceParser-1.4/ but since Perl is not one of my strong suits I am at a loss.

Can anyone help?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

First, you would need to write a perl script that uses that perl module to open and read your /home/user/mail/domain/user/inbox file.

The script would then need to separate out all the emails in the file and then pass each one to the perl module for processing and then create a report based on what the module returns.

You'd then either write the report to a file or send it via email.

It's not something very difficult to do, if you know how to program in perl ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. asmithjr

asmithjr Well-Known Member

nope, not to good with perl, I can read other scripts but not create one from scratch.

I did a shell that gives me the email addresses using the grep command but am unable to determine the failure reason.