Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

X-Source and related mail headers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by linuxChique, Aug 16, 2010.

1. linuxChique

linuxChique Member

I've checked the "Add X-Source headers" under Tweak Settings, but emails are getting through without the headers being added. How can I fix or troubleshoot this? I have Exim 4.69 with SpamAssassin.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    In relation to the Exim server where the option is active, are the e-mails (without the desired headers) incoming/inbound (received in a local Inbox) or outgoing/outbound (sent from your Exim server)?

The X-Source headers may be added only to e-mails that originate from the server using the option; it will not apply to e-mails that are simply received by a server using the option because the receiving system may have no way to accurately obtain the information. Based upon my observations I believe the information added by the X-Source headers is only available to the originating server, such as an account username, a specific program with CLI arguments used, and or other detail that may not always be included in other standard headers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...