The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Source and related mail headers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by linuxChique, Aug 16, 2010.

1. linuxChique

linuxChique Member

I've checked the "Add X-Source headers" under Tweak Settings, but emails are getting through without the headers being added. How can I fix or troubleshoot this? I have Exim 4.69 with SpamAssassin.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    In relation to the Exim server where the option is active, are the e-mails (without the desired headers) incoming/inbound (received in a local Inbox) or outgoing/outbound (sent from your Exim server)?

The X-Source headers may be added only to e-mails that originate from the server using the option; it will not apply to e-mails that are simply received by a server using the option because the receiving system may have no way to accurately obtain the information. Based upon my observations I believe the information added by the X-Source headers is only available to the originating server, such as an account username, a specific program with CLI arguments used, and or other detail that may not always be included in other standard headers.