X-Source and related mail headers

linuxChique

Aug 16, 2010
I've checked the "Add X-Source headers" under Tweak Settings, but emails are getting through without the headers being added. How can I fix or troubleshoot this? I have Exim 4.69 with SpamAssassin.

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I've checked the "Add X-Source headers" under Tweak Settings, but emails are getting through without the headers being added. How can I fix or troubleshoot this? I have Exim 4.69 with SpamAssassin.
In relation to the Exim server where the option is active, are the e-mails (without the desired headers) incoming/inbound (received in a local Inbox) or outgoing/outbound (sent from your Exim server)?

The X-Source headers may be added only to e-mails that originate from the server using the option; it will not apply to e-mails that are simply received by a server using the option because the receiving system may have no way to accurately obtain the information. Based upon my observations I believe the information added by the X-Source headers is only available to the originating server, such as an account username, a specific program with CLI arguments used, and or other detail that may not always be included in other standard headers.