Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

X-Source Headers Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derekivey, Aug 23, 2006.

1. derekivey

derekivey Well-Known Member

Hi,

Today our server received an abuse report for spam coming from it. Our host advised us to enable X-Source headers in WHM. I did that today, and sent myself an email using PHP, and noticed that they weren't being added. I tried the same on my friend's server and they were there on his. Does anyone know why it's not working on my server?

Thanks,
    Derek

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It depends on how you configured your Php scripts. But did you try sending a message using Web Mail, or an email client like MS Outlook/Outlook Express?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. derekivey

I ended up disabling that setting because it was preventing anyone from sending out any mail to outside servers. I was only able to email people on the same server, the others were just giving me an unroutable domain error in the exim_mainlog. Any ideas why that us happening?

Thanks,
    Derek

4. Voltio

Voltio Active Member

I have the same problem, I remember I had X-Source Headers enabled in an old server and it used to work with the script im using to test X-Source, but this time its not working...

5. derekivey