Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X-Spam-Last-External-IP is raising spam score

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by maestroc, May 10, 2017.

1. maestroc

maestroc Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    I have my server set up properly where if a user sends an email from their cpanel horde mailer, etc. it flies through the spam testers perfectly. However, if a user uses the info provided by cpanel to connect their gmail account to the SMTP server to send and receive mail from that account the same email that passed with a perfect score now gets points deducted due to the X-Spam-Last-External-IP: being that of gmail. The IP address listed after that:

X-Spam-Last-External-IP: 209.85.217.172

that is Google's gmail IP address (blacklisted) and has nothing to do with me or my SMTP server. The full text of the test message is shown at the bottom of this message. Am I connecting to my server incorrectly through gmail? What can I do to fix this? Is there any way to use gmail to check and send email from that account without getting flagged like that? Full text below and any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

-----------------
    - Removed -

#1 maestroc, May 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Please remove any real usernames, emails, or IP addresses from the output and re-post.