The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x2 branding broken?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by kaos1409, Nov 23, 2005.

1. kaos1409

kaos1409 Member

I tried customizing the branding on cPanel 10.8.1-C29 for the x2 theme, but noticed that you can change all of the image in the top heading EXCEPT for the background image of the table - which you can change for everything else.

http://www.christaggart.com/temp/bgscreen.jpg

Anyone else have this problem? Image sizes are hardcoded, so I can't just make the last image larger to cover over it.

*Update: Resolved. Although the background image is missing from the WHM interface, you can just drop it in your branding/x2/ folder in your reseller directory for it to work. :)

#1 kaos1409, Nov 23, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

you will find a similar issue with the webmail interface, it shows default cpanel branding if you go directly to domain.com/webmail

in some cases it displays 2 of the cpanel images in the topbar along with your custom branding, simple solution is as you mentioned, updating the files in the x2 folder.

I wonder though if anyone knows, do cpanel update the themes when upcp runs for major updates? want to pre-empt cpanel replacing my custom branding

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Updates will restore any changes made to the theme. I also brand the entire header image set, and after upgrades the only change I have to go back in to make is to set the center image to 100% in stdheader.html. This allows it to stretch to fit pages like error log.