DaveUsedToWorkHere

Dec 28, 2001
7.0.5730.11 is the version I am using.
This does not affect the production build but I was able to reproduce it on the demo.

Line 859 character 5 "object required"i should also note the default button state of the slide menu is ^ instead of V. It should load like V and clicking the same should expand the slide. In its current state it is backwards and one has to click ^ to change the direction to V (2x click) to expand the slide.
These are expanded by default in the production build. Changes will be pushed to the demo as soon as a few things are cleaned up.

Last edited:

DaveUsedToWorkHere

Dec 28, 2001
Is it just me, or is X3 extreeeeeeemely slow?
It loads really quick for me on our development box which is only a 2Ghz machine w/ 1gig of ram. The amount of traffic to the demo is slowing it down.

Of note: With fasterfox enabled, the main page loads in .55 seconds.

drumhtd

Dec 28, 2004
some odd error , but cant use because in file manager, if you go to edit a file, and hit save, it comes up

/ File Saved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

jljr222

Jan 11, 2006
I am sorry, but cPanel really needs to have a better look. All the X themes are horrible to look at. Something lke a Plesk look would make cPanel the best server control panel there is and that is no doubt. It is not that hard to hire a designer (like myself, lol) who could make something like that for you.

Just my opinion.

rpmws

Aug 14, 2001
back woods of NC, USA
Is it just me, or is X3 extreeeeeeemely slow?
slow it is but not becuase of clicnt side processing. Its because of the size of transfer needed. On ISDN solid 120-130k with no packet loss to that server I am getting a consistant 129k bit rate while loading the main page. It takes about 15 seconds before I see anything on the screen and about 30 seconds before the icons come in.

I dialed up on Earthlink and it's about 1 minute wait for the main page to load. It's bloated. anyone on mobile broadband or dial up of a sluggish broadband connection will notice that it takes about 3-4 times longer to load and use it than the old x theme.

since the graphics are pretty small I would assume that if it were gzip encoded it could speed ip up big time. I know it makes a 70% difference on my boxes with the x theme.

MeddlePAL

Aug 7, 2004
I agree with many others. The X themes stale, outdated and in general awful, completely outdated. cPanel needs to find a new designer to get something proper done.

qwerty

Jan 21, 2003
I have to agree .. X3 is another dog's breakfast clearly done by a programmer not a designer.

sjoerd83

Jul 1, 2005
omg

omg, really from a designers view (wich i am) it`s butt ugly.
You guys really need to hire a designer if you want to create a new theme

As it is now, stick to the old x theme. It looks much better then the new one.

Greet

myusername

PartnerNOC
Mar 6, 2003
chown -R us.*yourbase*
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hey, all you "designers" if you guys are so talented - piss or get off the pot....Make a skin....it aint hard...Maybe cPanel will buy it from you if you are as good as you say you are.

And if they don't, what's holding you up selling as a third party skin?

If you dont have any contributions other than "its ugly" then don't bother wasting your breath.... Someone already said that.

myusername

PartnerNOC
Mar 6, 2003
chown -R us.*yourbase*
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
This does not affect the production build but I was able to reproduce it on the demo.
These are expanded by default in the production build. Changes will be pushed to the demo as soon as a few things are cleaned up.
Still get some drag and drop issues on this build of IE7 though looks like you got a new version running on the demo server. Still demo server only?

Last edited:

celliott

Jan 2, 2006
United Kingdom
Very nice. If cPanel would use something like that, it'd be a hell of a lot better :)
I agree, thats exactly the kind of thing cPanel needs. I would even consider paying possibly for a decent theme like that :p Although I am not a great designer myself I am not a fan of any of the new cPanel graphics, it seems far too plain.

The X3 theme is far better than the Evolution theme though.

HotShells

Jun 8, 2005
Alexandria - EGYPT
disappointed

iam so so disappointed, i keep read 9 full pages...
and in the end i found no download link for that gr8 theme :(

now when i can download this! i can only add my opinion ones i have it, test it and
play with it :rolleyes:

then i can give full info/comment about the new theme.

i know there is a demo but its only for show, lets see when there is one for download
what all the guys can do.

and iam so wait for this :(

so please, try to add the download linke ASAP :p

WireNine

Aug 14, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Something wrong with the theme? Any updates on this theme so far?

Radio_Head

Verifed Vendor
Feb 15, 2002
I checked today some week after. Still horrible , it's time to search for a web designer .
And don't forget to tell him to use frames such as on WHM !!!

Frames are not good because search engine spiders don't understand them .
BUT.... for a control panel which is not spidered , they are U S E F U L !

Last edited:

WireNine

Aug 14, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Maybe we can all put some money together and sponsor a designer to do a cpanel theme for cpanel, and then cpanel team can just use that instead? OR everyone can submit their own ideas, and cpanel team can pick a winner :)

rs-freddo

May 13, 2003
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
cPanel has always supported custom themes - there are plenty you can choose from, or make your own. I don't see the problem with the cpanel one, if you do - then make one yourself.