xCache doesent work with latest 11.50 update

JacobPerkins

May 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi,
Can you elaborate a bit more on Xcache not working? Xcache isn't directly dependent on any cPanel version, as EasyApache releases are outside of the cPanel release schedule. We haven't updated Xcache in a while. Could you please provide more information?

paladox

Registered
Jul 1, 2015
milton keynes
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Well I suddenly got this error

Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed errno:9 in Unknown on line 0

on my domain which then the host quickly replied to say it know about because everyones site was broken. And he or she said the cause was that cpanel modified X-cache so until it is fixed they wont enable it. and cpanel according to there release notes released a new update yesterday and after that it started to not work.

JacobPerkins

May 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi,

I'm not quite sure what your host is talking about here. Xcache is a binary file, not a source. We extract the xcache.so from the proper archives, and then extract them into the extension_dir. There is no source. Do you know if they have contacted cPanel for assistance with this?

JacobPerkins

May 2, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi,

We do not modify Xcache in any way before sending it out to customers (we're not able to, it's a binary file). What you get from us is the same that you get from the Xcache website. I would recommend contacting your host for further information, and ask if they have contacted us for assistance with this.

PhoenixWolf

Registered
Jul 1, 2015
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The XCache binary didn't work so I compiled from source to work with cPanel. That didn't work either. Regardless, cPanel 11.50 is causing issues with the server as XCache was working before the upgrade to from 11.50.X to 11.50.20 and then it miraculously died along with our ability to restart and shutdown the server from cPanel. It hangs and then we require the Data Centre to reboot. I would say its our config but we have two servers showing the same symptoms