The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xCache - Is it a goood option and how to configure it

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by jeskey, Jul 20, 2013.

1. jeskey

jeskey Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I am new to cPanel and learning as I go. I am interested in optimizing my WordPress website and I was advised to do a few things last night by a support person at Bluehost where my site is on a VPS server.

I used Easy Apache to do a build with the default settings. This allowed me to switch to fcgi which I was told would improve performance. I was also told I should look into eAccelerator and xCache. I chickened out when I selected xCache during the build because an intimidating message asked me if I was knowledgeable enough to administer it. Then I did some reading and it said xCache was incompatible with fcgi. Then I saw a message that said administering xCache was unnecessary. I am lost.

I would like advice on this from anyone who has been there and can tell me where to go ..

#1 jeskey, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
  2. ilaurens

ilaurens Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    xCache and eaccelerator have basically the same functions, it will store data in memory in order to make it faster accessible and to decrease load because you do not have to execute the same function twice.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is not accurate. Xcache is compatible with FCGI. It's suPHP that does not support OPCode caching.

Thank you.