manasia

Registered
Nov 24, 2008
Hello World,

I got the following error message when I try to use the xfercpanel function in WHM:

"GET /xfercpanel/kellee88? HTTP/1.1" FAILED LOGIN whostmgrd: more than 400 attempts to create a session failed

Anyone seen this error before?

cPanelJesse

Director of Technical Support
Staff member
Sep 19, 2007
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Please check the validity of /var/cpanel/sessions - I have recently found this to be a file instead of a folder on a server which was causing this error.

The error you received is saying it attempted 400 times to create a tmp file in /var/cpanel/sessions and couldn't.

nasir5

Registered
Apr 19, 2007
Also this error comes when a VPS is hitting the limit of any QoS parameters, in my case it was DISKINODES, I increased its limit and the issue was resolved.

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
I sent a out a big mailing list and now I'm getting this error as well:

Internal Server Error

more than 400 attempts to create a session failed
cpsrvd/11.25 Server at dwhs.net

Everything is working and running correctly. I just can't login to WHM or cpanel.

Any ideas?

I ran /scripts/upcp but no luck I checked the directories and there is plenty of room in all of them.

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
What do you see under /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log file ? It's the cpanel error log file.
I found the error, the email spool queue was using too many inodes for that partition so I moved it to a bigger one and symlinked to the mail spool.

chapsrulez

Apr 3, 2003
Im having the same problem.

Yesterday i sent about 140k emails, the server crashed and when rebooted mysql didnt started so i tried to access whm and recived the "Internal Server Error

more than 400 attempts to create a session failed" error.

So my question is how exactly do i move the mail queue to a bigger partition?
thanks.