The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMB Errors AND Solutions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aerosmith, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Aerosmith

Aerosmith Well-Known Member

Well I have been installing a few of the add on features offered in Cpanel for some of my cients' sites. Earlier I posted a request and fix for an issue with Mailman. Now I have something about XMB. Not sure if these are known or not but here goes.

BUDDY LIST: If you get an error when the buddy list runs it is because a binary compressed file was installed as buddy.php instead of the real buddy.php file. Fix is to get a copy of the right file and load it to your message board directory. I have it now (yeah) and it can be had from the XMB support forums.

MYSQL LINE 16 ERROR: There are instances where you will get an MySQL error in your board that refers to line 16 of one of your php files. the fix is to make one small change to post.php

Line 419 pre fix:
    $q = $db-&fetch_array('$qry');

Line 419 post fix:
    $q = $db-&fetch_array($qry);

Thats all there is to it.

These are the only two issues I came across with XMB. It is very easy to mod to fit the style of your site. I helped clients make custom headers and footers with no problems at all. The template editor is a great feature! If you want to see how it can be set up go to http://www.aerosmithfanclub.com and checkhow the board matches the rest of the site (not to mention the custom footer)...

Later,
    ^A^