The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMB Message Boards On CPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greg Durand, May 8, 2002.

1. Greg Durand

Greg Durand Member

I recently upgraded my XMB from 1.5 to 1.6, but before that, I encountered some problems with editing posts, the Who's Online? script and such.

I went to the support site and was given options to fix this. However, through working in this, nothing worked.

I tried deleting a whole board of mine via FTP, all files, but although nothing showed in the end, I couldn't delete the directory because apparently it was unempty.

How can I delete the message board of mine via CPanel?

Please help as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance...

2. Aerosmith

Aerosmith Well-Known Member

The control panel left a few bits behind for me. Iy did clean up the MySQL DBs fairly welk but it left files behind. I cleaned it up via my FTP client, but if you have shell access that would work too.

You need to kill the entire directory structure where you installed the board. /home/yoursite/public_html/board for example would be deleted. Also in the directory /home/yoursite will be a file .xmbs. This file lists the board name and directory for each of your boards. If you just have one board you can delete this file. If you have multiple boards just edit the file (its ASCII) and delete the board you want gone.

3. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

[quote:6f92d3e38c][i:6f92d3e38c]Originally posted by Greg Durand[/i:6f92d3e38c]

I recently upgraded my XMB from 1.5 to 1.6, but before that, I encountered some problems with editing posts, the Who's Online? script and such.

I went to the support site and was given options to fix this. However, through working in this, nothing worked.

I tried deleting a whole board of mine via FTP, all files, but although nothing showed in the end, I couldn't delete the directory because apparently it was unempty.

How can I delete the message board of mine via CPanel?

Please help as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance...[/quote:6f92d3e38c]

Hello Greg ,

I have the same problem editing posts . When I try to editing a post I receive following error ;

Sorry, you are not permitted to view this forum

May you tell me what I have to do to fix this ? Thank you

4. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

We've had tons of problems with the XMB board as well. Now we offer our customers to install phpBB for free and highly recommend they DO NOT use XMB. I don't know why they don't replace XMB with a better and more frequently updated message board such as phpBB...

5. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

ok I found the solution
    http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=3625&page=1#15496

I agree phpbb is better , however xmb should be still supported since some client is using it .

6. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

There is a xmb2phbb convertor. I've used it a few times for a few clients that got tired of all the problems with XMB. I think you can find it on phpbb.com, otherwise if you want it send me an email and I'll send it to you.