The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xml-api listzones returns differently depending on dns clustering

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by morgans, Aug 10, 2009.

1. morgans

morgans Registered
    PartnerNOC

Greetings!

My goal is to obtain a list of domains on a given cPanel server. Our test environment has two servers running cPanel DNS only, and several standard cPanel servers. The setup appears to operate correctly.

I've been working with the xml api listzones and have noticed that the data it returns is different depending on dns clustering being enabled or not. According to the documentation at
    ListDNSZone < AllDocumentation/AutomationIntegration < TWiki

This appears to hold true if dns clustering is disabled. Once dns clustering is enabled then the results appear to contain all zones from all servers participating in dns clustering. Is this the appropriate and expected behavior for this api?

As a work around it seems like I could use the listaccts api to get a list of accounts, and loop through each one querying cpanel again with the dumpzone api. While I can perform this two step process, I'd like not to unless needed. What are your thoughts?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yes. that is the expected result. The function works the same way as the corresponding WHM Edit a DNS Zone interface. With Clustering enabled all zones in the cluster will be returned.

#2 cPanelKenneth, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009