Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

XML/JSON inside the WHM

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by shaun, Oct 19, 2009.

1. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Your documentation keeps saying to use the XML/JSON stuff you have out now. The examples always show a URL to get the data. How would you guys recommend interfacing with the WHM for WHM Pluggins? I suppose i could just do a
    PHP:
    <?PHP $xml file_get_contents('http://127.0.0.1:2086//xml-api/listaccts'); ?> 
    but that seams kinda funky.

Also do you guys have any documentation on templates or functions that may exist to keep a WHM pluggin fitting the look and feel of the WHM theme. For example in your addon_configsupport.cgi you use defheader("Support Request Configuration"); to define a header at the top of the page.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MattDees

MattDees Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Shaun,
    I'd like to talk to you a little more in depth about this (regarding documentation), you should know how to get ahold of me privately.

However, I always recommend using the PHP class (see first sticky thread in this forum) for handling XML-API requests. As far things built into our product, most of the XML-API calls are done via internal methods that aren't exposed via modules..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...