The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XMLAPI apps missing (modifyacct, etc.)

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by progers, Aug 9, 2009.

1. progers

progers Registered

Several apps from the xmlapi command applist are listed in the documentation, but do not show up when I run applist. Using the exact applist syntax from the documentation (https://example.com:2087/xml-api/applist), I get a list of apps (accountsummary, etc.) that does not contain some important apps such as adddns and modifyacct.

I've searched all over for this issue and haven't been able to locate the cause. Here are some of the things I've checked:
    * Using both the XMLAPI PHP class and just typing the xmlapi query into the browser.
    * Not a permission issue, as I am logging in as root. In addition, I am able to change account settings through the WHM interface using root, so I don't think modifyacct would be missing due to permissions.
    * Nothing in the cPanel error log.
    * Version info: WHM 11.23.2 and cPanel 11.23.6-R27698
    * Using an xmlapi query for one of the apps I don't have returns a single line: "<!-- Web Host Manager (c) cPanel, Inc. 2008 cPanel Inc. Unauthorized copying is prohibited. -->", which is the same output as a query for a completely nonexistent app.

Has anyone heard of this issue before, or have suggestions for fixing it?

Below is the result of the applist command on my cPanel setup. For space I've removed the XML:
    accountsummary, addpkg, applist, changepackage, cpanel, createacct, editpkg, fetchsslinfo, generatessl, gethostname, getlanglist, installssl, killpkg, limitbw, listaccts, listacls, listcrts, listpkgs, listresellers, listsuspended, loadavg, passwd, reboot, removeacct, resellerstats, restartservice, saveacllist, setacls, setupreseller, showbw, suspendacct, terminatereseller, unsetupreseller, unsuspendacct, version

2. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Alot of these are new 11.25 calls only available on the EDGE and BETA builds, the documentation should specify which are new to 11.25.

3. progers

progers Registered

Thank you for your reply but in our case, both adddns and modifyacct are pre-11.25 :(

Should I submit a ticket for this problem? If there are no replies in the next few hours, I'll go ahead and submit one in case it's just an issue on our specific install. To any others who have this same problem, I'll be sure to post any workaround/solution :)

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If that is the version number of your cPanel install then you need to update. The functions you are listing were introduced with cPanel 11.24

5. progers

progers Registered

Thank you for your help; I didn't realize those functions weren't in our version. We will be upgrading this weekend. For other people with this problem, is the minimum version listed in the documentation?

6. progers

progers Registered

The upgrade to cPanel 11.24.5-R37946 / WHM 11.24.2 correctly fixed our issue! Thanks again.

Below is the result of the applist command on our upgraded cPanel setup: accountsummary, adddns, addip, addpkg, applist, changepackage, cpanel, createacct, delip, dumpzone, editpkg, fetchsslinfo, generatessl, gethostname, getlanglist, installssl, killdns, killpkg, limitbw, listaccts, listacls, listcrts, listips, listpkgs, listresellers, listsuspended, listzones, loadavg, lookupnsip, modifyacct, myprivs, nvget, nvset, passwd, reboot, removeacct, resellerstats, restartservice, saveacllist, setacls, sethostname, setresolvers, setupreseller, showbw, suspendacct, terminatereseller, unsetupreseller, unsuspendacct, version