The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XModified Skin - Free!

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by brentp, Jun 24, 2005.

1. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Movable headings, collapsable menus, and more in XModified Skin. And all Free!

Lately, since i've seen a few more free whm/cpanel themes piping up over the place, i thought i might as well contribute to the pile. The XModified theme has collapsable headings (inspiration from the '7dana' theme) and tooltips for people who forget what is in each category, and what each category does (designed for WHM/cPanel newbies, which will eventually reflect in your ticket count) =). Anyway, without further ado:

RPM:

http://brentp.info/xmodified-1.0.2-2.i386.rpm

Have fun, and report any bugs to http://brentp.net/trac.cgi/newticket.

Note: if you have a problem with a rpm package, i will soon package it in another format, however, i chose rpm due to its ease to package, and the fact that it can be simply removed with 'rpm -e xmodified' to prevent people accidentally removing the wrong files and so on, and because i can easily integrate a changelog and file list within it.

* Sat Jun 25 2005 Brent Pickup <brent.pickup@gmail.com>
    - Added the little square grey boxes around the options on the main page.
    - Completed Addition of tooltips on main page.
    - Your open menus are saved for when you next login.
    - Spelling Errors fixed.
    - Tooltip text thanks to HawkeV on cPanelIRC
    - Tested installer on Trustix Secure Enterprise Linux (release 2)
    - Tested installer on CentOS 4.1, 4.0, and all 3.x releases.
    - Tested installer on RHEL

* Fri Jun 24 2005 Brent Pickup <brent.pickup@gmail.com>
    - Added Theme to rpm.
    - Fixed Permissions.
    - Added Pointer to make headers look like they can be clicked. Thanks to [Roosta]
    - Removed some unneeded files to reduce size of rpm.
    - Modified expand.js to remove the expand image links as they are not needed
    - Fixed some broken links.
    - Added Expand All/Contract All links.
    - Simple (Not complete) implementation of tooltips for 'main' page.

UPDATE:

Recently, ive just added the movable menus feature in whm, and it delays the loading time because it has to load a fair bit of javascript code to deal with the tooltips, collapsable menus and the movable menus. I will try to remove some stuff to make the files smaller and to speed up the process. If you want a demo (the movable menus wont be released for a couple of weeks) i can give you a demo login over msn. My msn = g0tr00t2k4 [at] gmail [dot] com.

Attached is a screenshot of the main page of whm.

UPDATED: main.jpg is the tooltips. And the dragndrop.jpg is the new one.

The best browsers to view this skin in are:

Firefox 1.x (Tested)
    Internet Explorer 6 (Tested)

Browsers not tested:
    Safari (Im not on a MAC, although my english teacher is. Might get him to test it)
    Opera

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Ok. for those of you who wish to be err, VERY upto date on this skins development, you can get this script:

Code:
    # wget http://brentp.net/xup -O /usr/sbin/xup
    # chmod +x /usr/sbin/xup

That script is for those on BSD as it downloads a tar file and extracts it in the right place.
    Regards,
    Brent

Attached Files:

#1 brentp, Jun 24, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  2. HawkeVIPER

HawkeVIPER Member

w00t

And no, it doesn't contain a virus. :rolleyes:

#2 HawkeVIPER, Jun 24, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  3. fusioncroc

fusioncroc Well-Known Member

Look's pretty good , Well done brent :)

4. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Thanks, i'm trying to think of more ideas for it. Tomorrow i might start another addon for webhostmanager.

Regards,
    Brent

5. Drifter_Guy

Drifter_Guy Registered

Looks Nice...

6. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Ok, the draggable menu thing is verified to work. Read the first post for more information regarding a demo. Note: This feature is not in the rpm package yet.

Regards,
    Brent

7. Mark36ph

Mark36ph Active Member

sorry to ask a silly question, but how do i install this?

8. Nick A

Nick A Member

Login to your servers's SSH with root privileges then type this command in

rpm -i http://brentp.info/xmodified-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm

then go into WHM and change to theme to xmodified :D

9. Mark36ph

Mark36ph Active Member

thank you. worked perfect :)

10. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

New version.

This is the one you've all been waiting for. The version that has DRAG AND DROP SUPPORT released to the public...all for the low low price of $0 under the GPL license. In this version there are a few more things that are fixed.

a) A LOT more less html warnings (improving browser compatibility).
    b) I am aware that it is a mess on more strict browsers (Safari) to say the least. These errors are mostly caused by the browsers not liking the two <head> Tags, however, they'll have to live with it until cPanel fixes a bug which feeds the <head> and <title> tags and so on into the page before the skin can. So yeah, thats the current issue.
    b) I am working on bringing out different coloured versions (ie: Blue, Grey, and so on). A grey Prototype is sort of done. Depending on its looks, this idea might be discontinued.
    c) I HIGHLY URGE any current users to UPGRADE to the new release. The rpm is at.....

http://brentp.info/xmodified-1.0.2-2.i386.rpm

Have fun, and report any bugs to http://brentp.net/trac.cgi/newticket.

Regards,
    Brent

11. tebow

tebow Registered

congrats on the release brent.. now you can stop bugging us about it in the irc channel.. :eek: lol, just kidding..congrats kid

12. Drifter_Guy

Drifter_Guy Registered

OO An Update.. Great Job..

And Uh.. Did U Update Your FireFox Since The Date U Posted Them Pics? (i saw the green arrow pointing up, in your pics)

13. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

Ok how do I update or remove this.

file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Account_Functions from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Account_Information from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Add-ons from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Backup from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Cluster_Remote_Access from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/DNS_Functions from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Disk_Drives from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Email from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/FrontPage from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/IP_Functions from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Languages from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Multi-Account_Functions from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Networking_Setup from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Packages from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Resellers from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Restart_Services from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/SQL_Services from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/SSL_TLS from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Security from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Server_Configuration from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Server_Contacts from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Server_Status from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Service_Configuration from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Software from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Support from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/System_Health from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/System_Reboot from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Themes from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/Transfers from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/cPanel from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/command from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/path from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/root from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1
    file /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/xmodified/topframe.html from install of xmodified-1.0.2-2 conflicts with file from package xmodified-1.0.0-1

Tracy

14. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

Forget it rpm -Uvh duh I am an A**

Sorry. It is late and I am tired.

Tracy

15. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Ok. for those of you who wish to be err, VERY upto date on this skins development, you can get this script:

Code:
    # wget http://brentp.net/xup -O /usr/sbin/xup
    # chmod +x /usr/sbin/xup

Regards,
    Brent

#15 brentp, Jul 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  16. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Ok, recent change:

Added --remove to "xup". The commands to fetch the installer are in the post above this.

Regards,
    Brent

17. oinkmedia

oinkmedia Well-Known Member

is it possible to install this theme but only allow certain resellers access??

18. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

Not that i know of, you could try and submit a bugzilla report to get cPanel to implement it.

Regards,
    Brent

19. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

If you wish to not have broken links in your whm when you use the SVN version, simply dont use it. The SVN Versions contains an extra menu thats in use on my server to test a whm module currently being developed that contains extra options and fixes to common problems people run into when managing a server. This module might be released under gpl, however, it might not be. Myself and the other developer are coming to a concensus on wether to make it opensource or not.

Regards,
    Brent

20. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

Unable to get rpm

Hi, iam not able to connect to your server

I can see your server is not serving the site (brentp.info) Cause

Answer:
    Unknown (server failure at ns6.sea-host.com).

Please fix and let us know where to find modified xskin

See ya,
    mohit