The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xsl [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peacey, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Peacey

Peacey Registered

Hi,

I'm in the middle of playing with reworking my site using XML/XSL and php, however XSL is not enabled by my host. Apparently, "cPanel does not have support for direct XSL within its apache tool"...as far as they are aware, but suggested I ask here if any progress had been made.

Thanks for any help.

p.s. I'm not overly confident in the "behind the scenes" aspect of hosting :eek:

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Your host is right in saying that it is not a module that can be compiled into Apache using cPanel's interfaces. However this shouldn't prevent it being added by hand for those you know how to do so.

I'd have more faith in it being more easily added into the new build of easyapache, which should be available in the next few weeks.

If you can find out precisely which Apache modules are needed, it wouldn't do any harm to request their inclusion in the bugzilla thread covering the new easyapache - http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2299.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Your host is wrong - and they should be the ones coming here to ask questions on your behalf, which says something about your host.

Anyway, there are two PHP modules available within the cPanel apache build tool:

Dom XSLT
    Sablot XSLT

4. Peacey

Peacey Registered

Thankyou!

...And sorry for posting in the wrong place and being the wrong person :eek:

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to appear to be critisizing you - that was aimed at your host ;)

6. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Very true - I must be being blind today!

7. sumairi

sumairi Registered

chirpy,

Is there a way to compile php5 with this directive --with-xsl, because Dom XSLT and Saboltran are not recommended by php.net for php5+ and they were actually meant for php4 and looks like they are deprecated. PHP5 comes with a new --with-xsl directive which is built on libxslt2 please read here http://es2.php.net/manual/en/ref.xsl.php

cPanel might not be aware of this at this time, in this case please explain to me how can I manually do it, as my 2weeks+ old trouble ticket is not yet answered

Thanks

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Yes. If you initially build as you wish using easyapache, then when finished go into /home/cpapachebuild/buildapache/ and in there you can play with the buildscript file and add your own modules/compilation extensions. When done, run that file and it will go through the easyapache build process but with your options added.