XXX is currently not permitted to relay through this server

KrystalS

Mar 15, 2004
UK
Hi guys.

We are having a problem with Exim :

One user of one domain is getting the following errors :

2008-06-25 17:59:30 H=(BARBRAPC) [xxx] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: (BARBRAPC) [xxx] is currently not permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client.
Their Mail client gives them a 530 Error - Couldn't send.

The authentication is 100% correct, as sometimes mails Do send!

I've also checked /etc/localdomains for their domain - and it's there!

What could be causing this ?

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
If you look in /var/log/exim_main and you do not see a fixed_login entry for that individual, then they do not have SMTP Auth enabled. If they do and are using the wrong credentials, you'll see that in the fixed_login line.

An invalid authentication
2008-06-22 11:03:08 fixed_login authenticator failed for (localhost.localdomain) [xx.xx.xx.xx]: 501 Authentication cancelled

An invalid authentication
2008-06-25 13:25:51 fixed_login authenticator failed for (yourkybtg65gxe) [xx.xx.xx.xx]: 535 Incorrect authentication data ([email protected])

A valid authentication
2008-06-22 11:29:18 1KARVF-0007TJ-Sx <= [email protected] H=c-xx-xx-xx-xx.hsd1.or.comcast.net (BILLY) [xx.xx.xx.xx] P=esmtpa A=fixed_login:[email protected] S=4068 T=""

Notice all of those lines have 'fixed_login' in them - indicating that some sort of authentication was attempted and either passed or failed for some reason. If you don't see a similar entry during the time that particular email of your client's was sent, then they weren't using SMTP Auth. If you do see a line with 'fixed_login' in it, it should indicate why the authentication failed.

Also, not only make sure that your client's domain does exist in /etc/localdomains but also that it does not exist in /etc/remotedomains.

Mike

VirtuaLira

Feb 1, 2004
Chile
I have the same problem, but... how can we override this comprobation of the IP address??... I don't want to pass though this comprobation....

Thanks...

VirtuaLira

Feb 1, 2004
Chile
No one knows how to solve this issue?

I have this problem when I updated exim, mailscanner and clamv.
(all this day I have this problem).

1) autentication is fine, the domains CAN receive email.
2) When a domain send email, appears the error:

[xxx] F=<[email protected]> rejected RCPT <[email protected]>: (XXX) [xxx] is currently not permitted to relay through this server. Perhaps you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP Authentication turned on in your email client.

3) When I add the IP in Main >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Editor... in the ACCESS LISTS >> Whitelist, I CAN SEND EMAIL, but... I don't want this, I will write all the domains-client-email IPs??, impossible, And the ADSLs have dynamic IP address... I disable this options (blacklist and whitelist)... but the problem persists...

HOW TO FIX THIS???

VirtuaLira

Feb 1, 2004
Chile
I find a temp solution but... is not the idea... this happen when I updated all.... (always is the same...)

put a block of your common Ips in the Whitelist:

Example:

200.0.0.0/18
199.0.0.0/18

Obviously, put only the trusted and acord to your customer's country. (or where they will use email clients...)

Any one have other and better fix?