The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YaBB 2.2 Update

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by RichardM, Nov 11, 2007.

1. RichardM

RichardM Registered

I was going to manually update YaBB on one of my domains, but when I looked at the directory structure of the existing installation, it didn't appear to match up with what YaBB says it should look like.

The existing installation was an automated cPanel install. Does the cPanel installer result in an installation that differs from a "standard" Yabb installation?

I never used YaBB before this particular installation, but I got sick of phpBB's never-ending security problems and I found SMF horribly slow. So far, YaBB has worked out fine, although I still have reservations about using flat files rather than databases... But it's actually rated pretty highly in terms of security, oddly enough.

In any case, the 2.2 update addresses some security issues, so I want to apply it pretty quickly. Are there any differences between the cPanel install and the standard YaBB install that will cause applying a standard upgrade to hose something? If so, I'll just wait for the official cPanel updater. (Actually, that's probably the best idea, anyway.)

Thanks,

Rich

2. lorelye

lorelye Registered

yabb 2.2 upgrade

Hi,

I also wanted to upgrade to YABB 2.2 using cPanel and notice that I cannot. 2.2 fixes some issues I consider urgent.

When will this be available?

Thanks.

3. xnull

xnull Well-Known Member

cPanel is working on upgrades for their script installers, including YaBB now that 2.2 is out. However, YaBB 2.2.1 (bug fix update to 2.2) will be out soon, so I'll probably push for them to make it install that version and just skip 2.2 altogether.

4. RichardM

RichardM Registered

Good idea.

5. Outumuro

Outumuro Registered

Just heard Y2.2.1 is in cPanel now. :)

6. dexus

dexus Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is some bug with this... WHM shows YaBB (2.2.1), but cPanel install a 2.1 version... :)

I tried this on two servers and it's the same new install is always 2.1 and not 2.2.1.

7. CactusJackSlade

CactusJackSlade Registered

Any new word on this?

8. jpetersen

jpetersen Well-Known Member

Did you file a bug report?