The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yahoo domain error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pats, Sep 25, 2005.

1. pats

pats Well-Known Member

Hi,

For last 1-2 days i noticed no emails going to Yahoo from one of our servers.
    I found some reseller had added DNS record of yahoo.com
    I removed it, but it didn't helped. So i created the DNS record of yahoo.com again and pointed to yahoo's MX. So emails to yahoo.com started getting delivered.

Now any emails send by users to yahoo.fr or yahoo.co.in etc. are giving error "lookup didn't complete"
    and upon doing traceroute to yahoo.fr gives error "unknown host yahoo.fr"

Any advices how to resolve this issue? i checked named, localdomains, userdomains but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

DNS is very triky and you need to enter the correct synatx in there. You don't need to create a DNS zone for Yahoo on your server!!! If the answer is to get email delivered to Yahoo, then you need to do the same for AOL, hotmail and other mail servers.

Check on your DNS zones and nameservers.

3. pats

pats Well-Known Member

Hi,

yeah i know i don't need to create DNS of yahoo.com on my server. Thats why i removed it when i noticed it (some reseller must have added it)

But when mails to yahoo didn't go so i added yahoo.com DNS again with correct MX of yahoo.

If i remove yahoo.com DNS then i get error message "lookup didn't complete" while sending emails and "unknown host yahoo.com" for Traceroute.

Now my question is how do i resolve this.