The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yahoo problem came back to haunt me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 5stars, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 5stars

5stars Active Member

Just when I thought I got rid of this problem as everything was working well all the sudden my e-mails started to land in the junk folder 1 by 1 , also 1 out of 2 e-mails will not even make it as it gets stuck in the Mail Queue.

I have set up the reverse dns, my ptr points to my domain, my A record on the reverse entry points on my IP but all I get is :

2007-07-19 01:09:08 1IBHhj-00052q-JX SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host a.mx.mail.yahoo.com [209.191.118.103]: 421 Message from (89.34.116.11) temporarily deferred - 4.16.50. Please refer to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.html

This meaning that they got a place for me in to the junk folder.

Can the reason for this message be another except the rdns issue .

#1 5stars, Jul 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    They are just one of the big elephants and can dictate how everyone else should operate - and Yahoo users (just like Hotmail users) believe that Yahoo's crap doesn't stink and that since they are so big and handle millions of email addresses, they must be right in their practices and everyone else must be wrong. What can you do.

But that message doesn't necessarily mean a message is going to end up in the Junk mail folder. What that means is that for some reason (oftentime greylisting) the message is temporarily deferred. You could probably go into WHM, Mail Queue Manager and force the message through shortly after. And of course sometimes mail is deferred by the receiving mail system because of the load on the recipient mail server. Could be many things.

But pretty much all you can do is make sure you have adhered to all of the normal practices as far as DNS/rDNS/MX records/SPF goes and then let your customers know [your opinion] that it is because of [what you believe in your opinion is strongarm practices by Yahoo] that their emails to Yahoo users may end up being deferred or end up in a Junk folder.

Mike