The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yaz?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rsutc, Aug 15, 2005.

1. rsutc

rsutc Well-Known Member

I note that php under cpanel is currently at 4.3.9, although in the whm config 4.3.11 is checked. [What is the point of these different version checkboxes?] I have a customer that wants to use YAZ. The YAZ website says that YAZ is part of php version 4. Is this true? If not, can it be easily installed? As in many such instances, the YAZ site seems to assume its readers know quite a bit already and does not have a step by step to determining whether the package is already there or how to install, except in general terms. Can anyone offer definitive answers?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you're running php v4.3.9 you should upgrade it asap as there are local and remote exploits available for it.

I cannot help with "yaz", never heard of it.

3. rsutc

rsutc Well-Known Member

Whoah! Part of my question was what's going on with the version numbers being inconsistent? And how do I ensure this is upgraded? I thought this was all handled automatically by cPanel.

Rick

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Upgrading apache and php is a manual task which must be done yourself either through WHM > Software > Update Apache or by running /scripts/easyapache