The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet another backup question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aleister, Mar 2, 2005.

1. aleister

aleister Registered

I have a VPS, and I know that my WHM backup function does not include SQL, or a few other things which I need, otherwise I would cron it.

What does give me a perfect backup though is the "Generate/Download a Full Backup" in the cpanel for each site. So here are my questions:

1) Is there a script out there I can run which will do the full (sql and everything else) backup for a selected site - basically doing what the cpanel already does - only from ssh?

I figure there must be a way to do this from the command line, since the functionality is already in cpanel, but I just could not find the script.

2) same as #1 above, but just for all the sql databases ;)

I know there have been many mentions of various scripts for backups here but all of the ones I have found seem much more complicated than I need, not to mention almost all of them are made specifically for ftp'ing the backups.

Thanks for any info!

(For my next post here I will try to come up with something useful to the group! :) )

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. aleister

aleister Registered

Thanks for the post, but if I am going to use a web browser to initiate the backup, I might as well just log into the cpanel, know what I mean? I appreciate it though.