Yet another backup question

aleister

Registered
Mar 1, 2005
I have a VPS, and I know that my WHM backup function does not include SQL, or a few other things which I need, otherwise I would cron it.

What does give me a perfect backup though is the "Generate/Download a Full Backup" in the cpanel for each site. So here are my questions:

1) Is there a script out there I can run which will do the full (sql and everything else) backup for a selected site - basically doing what the cpanel already does - only from ssh?

I figure there must be a way to do this from the command line, since the functionality is already in cpanel, but I just could not find the script.

2) same as #1 above, but just for all the sql databases ;)

I know there have been many mentions of various scripts for backups here but all of the ones I have found seem much more complicated than I need, not to mention almost all of them are made specifically for ftp'ing the backups.

Thanks for any info!

(For my next post here I will try to come up with something useful to the group! :) )

aleister

Registered
Mar 1, 2005
Thanks for the post, but if I am going to use a web browser to initiate the backup, I might as well just log into the cpanel, know what I mean? I appreciate it though.