You are logged in as notification

razrdj

Oct 1, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi.

On my cPanel account (not root or reseller privileges) i have 1 unread notification. When I click on the notification i get the following message:

"Information: You are logged in as a reseller or root user."

The account has no privilegs rights nor root.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The account has no privilegs rights nor root.
Hello :)

That messages indicates you are logged in using the root or reseller password, as opposed to indicating the status of the account itself.

Thank you.

AndyX

Sep 25, 2015
Los Altos, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

That messages indicates you are logged in using the root or reseller password, as opposed to indicating the status of the account itself.

Thank you.
I get the same notification. I'm not logged in as root and I don't know what a reseller is. I'm however using the same password as WHM. What should I do to remove the notification or correct the problem?

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
You're using root users password to login to a cPanel users account and is why you see the message.

To insure you're not, login WebHost Manager, change that cPanel user's password:
WebHost Manager »Account Functions »Password Modification

Logout of any cPanel or WHM instances you have open, clear browser cookies, cache as needed.

Try logging directly into cPanel using that cPanel user's name and his new password. Once you're sure that works as expected, logout.

Login to WebHost Manager using your root account, using that root users password.

AndyX

Sep 25, 2015
Los Altos, CA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thank you, Infopro.

Your above instructions worked perfectly. I used the MySQL password as it is also changed when you change the cPanel password through WHM for the cPanel account.

Reactions: Infopro