Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED You must confirm that this server is an authoritative nameserver

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Larry Braziel, Dec 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Larry Braziel

Larry Braziel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recently have been getting RDNS setup and PTR records for my server to assist with the SMTP issues that we have all had with sending out emails and emails bouncing, being rejected and getting delivered to spam boxes.

So.. the PTR and RDNS is already setup... but... this new issue just popped up in cPanel accounts now and I can't seem to figure out how to resolve it what it really means...

Can someone shed some light into this issue for me?

The error says:

In order to ensure that SPF or DKIM takes effect, you must confirm that this server is an authoritative nameserver for “xxxxxx.co”. If you need help, contact your hosting provider.

I used xxxx to hide my real domain name, this shows my real domain name in the error message that I'm getting.

Below the above-mentioned error, under DKIM I also see:

Warning: cPanel is unable to verify that this server is an authoritative nameserver for “xxxxxx.co”.

How can I resolve this and get my PTR, RDNS and resolution all working together?

Regards,
    Larry

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This shouldn't relate to RDNS entries. The message suggests the name servers for that domain name resolve to a remote DNS server. Does this domain name use name servers at it's domain registrar that point to the cPanel server's IP address?

Thank you.

3. piseth

piseth Member

I have three cPanel Servers and two name server(DNS only) two of my server work fine with SPF and DKIM but one of server could not and I also saw this problem.

4. piseth

piseth Member

I just restart bind service on the server that not work. after that i turn it work smoothly again.

cPanelMichael likes this.