The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You will NOT be able to access your website until you change..DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by nuchyld7, Sep 3, 2004.

1. nuchyld7

nuchyld7 Registered

I registered a domain name at namecrave.com and signed up for webhosting at yrhost.com

I got the e-mail confirmation, but it says I have to change my primary and secondary DNS server, before people can access my site, how do I do that? Im sure it's probably a newb question, and I searched the forum but found nothing that makes sense to me.

2. whmapi.scripts

whmapi.scripts Well-Known Member

Your host should have given you the names of at least 2 dns servers?

What you need to do is log in to your control panel at namecrave.com and look for something like MODIFY DNS or EDIT DNS. You will need to enter the dns servers your host gave you and save it. In a few hours your domain will propagate to point to your hosts server and then people will be able to see your site. Propagation usually takes a few hours but it may take up to 72 hours before if fully resolves (i.e. the global web population can see it).

3. nuchyld7

nuchyld7 Registered

I can't find it on namecrave...It's like they don't even have a place for you to do it :confused: :mad:

4. nuchyld7

nuchyld7 Registered

come on peopels, anyone know what i should do?

5. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    From the Namecrave knowledge base:

1. Contact your Web Hosting Company and find out from them the Name Servers you need to use

2. Login to your Control Panel. For Customers - http://manage.namecrave.com/customer
    For Sub-Resellers - http://manage.namecrave.com/reseller

3. Search for the Domain Name whose Name Servers you want to modify, by searching for the Domain Name at Products -> Domain Registration -> Search.

4. Click on the Domain Name for which you want to Modify Name Servers.

5. Click on the Modify Name Server button. Feed in the Name Servers you want (upto 13 name servers) and click "Submit"

If the Domain Name is Locked, you will have to Unlock this Domain Name first by referring to Lock / Unlock

If at this step you get an error stating Name Server is not yet registered, this means that the Name Server you are using has not been registered as a Name Server with the Registry. Please contact your Web Hosting Company and ask them to provide Name Servers that are valid and registered with the Registry.

6. nuchyld7

nuchyld7 Registered

well, I followed what you said, and got no where

7. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You probably shoud ask Namecrave for support help as you are their customer.