Your free cPanel-signed hostname SSL certificate for **** is available - disable this email notification

robhooper

Jul 21, 2015
Farnborough
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

We have been receiving notification emails once per year related to the installation of Service SSL Certificates. The content of the notification email is below:

Code:
cPanel SSL Certificate

Dear ***,

Your system upgrade to cPanel & WHM includes a free SSL certificate for your server's hostname. This email confirms that the system will soon automatically download and install your free SSL certificate.

Comodo™ cross-signs your new certificate, which 99.9% of browsers trust.���Your free certificate will renew automatically, less than one week before its expiration date, at no cost to you.

For more information, read our Release Notes on free cPanel-signed hostname certificates.

The certificate covers the following domains:

We are aware that we can disable server based email notifications regarding Service SSL Certificates in:
  • WHM > Server Contacts > Contact Manager and select the 'notifications' tab
  • Search for "Service SSL Certificate" or relevant option name
  • Tick the check box and then select 'disabled'
  • Save
However, this particular email does not appear to be generated by the server and so cannot be disabled using the above options.

We would like to know where this email is being generated (the 'from' field states [email protected]) and how it can be disabled.

Just to be clear on what we are not inquiring about - we are not inquiring about disabling certificate generation or installation, but specifically disabling this email notification, as provided above, informing of upcoming download/installation.

Thank you.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
This goes out every year when the certificate renews I believe. It doesn't originate from your server though it originates from cPanel. I'll look into this on Monday and see if there's a way that these are able to be disabled.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner on this. I had been awaiting an update on it for partner accounts but I can confirm that there is no way to disable this notification from being sent through your store account.