The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Mailbox is at 90% of quota"

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hm2k, Nov 26, 2010.

1. hm2k

hm2k Well-Known Member

A customer is reporting receiving the following error in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11):

I've never seen this error message before.

I checked their mailbox and their account, which do not appear to be reaching their quota.

Can you advise further.

Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: "Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Mailbox is at 90% of quot

You might want to ask them to check to be sure they're speaking of IMAP on your server. I'm not familiar with that message coming from my cPanel. But there are results for that message on google.

3. hm2k

hm2k Well-Known Member

Re: "Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Mailbox is at 90% of quot

If you actually look, there's very little for the exact message itself on Google:

The first part "Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following" is a message returned by Microsoft in Outlook so yes, there might be quite a few Google results for that, while the second part "Mailbox is at n% quota" is returned by cPanel or one of it's components.

So far I have tried running /scripts/reset_mail_quotas_to_sane_values and reported this back to the customer. The customer has not given any further feedback since doing this.

Unless the customer gives me further feedback, I can assume this issue is resolved.

4. hm2k

hm2k Well-Known Member

There has been no change. The customer is still faced with the same message.

Any ideas?

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

Can you recreate this with another account?

I don't think it would hurt (too much) to kill the IMAP account on the users Outlook client and then recreate it. For troubleshooting purposes. Or have you tried that as well?