Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your server does not support the connection encryption type

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by webtipster, May 30, 2017.

1. webtipster

webtipster Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    For some weird reason Outlook 2010 is reporting error 0x800CCC1A "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified".

Incoming port: 995
    Checked: This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
    Outgoing port: 465 / SSL

SSL is enabled on the server and plaintext is disabled.

I am able to send normally but cannot receive only from 2 computers, others are working fine. One is Outlook 2010 and the other is Outlook 2016. Tried Thunderbird and it works fine, it's just the Outlook.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you notice any specific output in /var/log/maillog or /var/log/exim_mainlog when this happens? Does it make a difference if you switch from "mail.domain.tld" to "domain.tld" as the mail server name in the email client configuration settings?

Thank you.

3. webtipster

webtipster Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi @cPanelMichael,

Thanks for your reply!

That's what's strange, did not see anything specific in any output. Tried switching from mail.domain to domain.tld and tried using server hostname, all with the same error. But what is strange is that this is only happening on the 2 computers that were already setup using POP3 accounts and when you try to update the ports to 995 with SSL it gives that error. But on the same computers, if I run thunderbird and install the email it works fine, only the Outlook with pre-existing email setup has the issue.

So I'm sure it's Outlook related error so I just enabled plaintext login for Exim as a work-around :).