The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yum broken? Ksplice/Zymon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by santrix, Sep 26, 2010.

1. santrix

santrix Well-Known Member

Hi,

I recently ran /scripts/upcp to find it just paused at

Updating FTP Server...Ftp Setup Script Version 6.1

and didn't get any further... after leaving it for 10 minutes, I killed the update. Tried again. same thing. killed off the processes, then, on a hunch I tried

yum clean all

This time, I got to

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

and it hung again... in fact, trying to run yum in any way just hung at this message. The only things to have changed was a recent ksplice install, and xymon client - nothing earth shattering...

In the end I gave up and had to restart the machine in the early hours. Once the machine was restarted, I noticed yum-updatesd was in the results from

ps -ef | grep yum

and was still there after 20 minutes... as it's not running on my other servers, I stopped the service before trying to run upcp again, which seemed to go through fine this time...

- far from ideal, but it was beyond my ken to fix it... anyone got any ideas?

Steve

2. eugenearmstead

eugenearmstead Registered

I am also having a problem with yum, mine is a little different though. In your case, try editing the fastestmirror.conf file and setting the following "enabled=0" and see what your results are.