The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yum.conf Problems with Core 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lloyd_tennison, Oct 21, 2005.

1. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I havew been having weird problems with Yum since an OS upgrade to Core 4. Would someone please send me a copy of their working yum for Fedora Core 4? Maybe I can find out what the datacenter did wrong or whatever is causing the crazy problems.

If a new install of Cpanel yum is recommended - if someone has notes on that it would be a ppreciated, too.

Thanks in advance.

2. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Two of our clients experience the same symptoms with their servers. One is fresh install of the OS, and the other is an upgrade. Both are experiencing problems in terms of intermittent collapse of services, to high load, to crashing of the server. We are working with CPanel engineers to see if this has any thing to do with CPanel/WHM.

3. lloyd_tennison

Can I add anything to that? I also have a ticket open for similar but not the same items. Have them contact me or something so they can then have three servers to try. For obvious reasons, (mainly username and password being avalable) I do not wish to list by trouble ticket in the open.

#3 lloyd_tennison, Oct 21, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  4. lloyd_tennison

I updated my ticket with Cpanel to see if they have an answer other than going to mnaul updates -which still does not allow for things like recompiling apache, etc.

Bad repositories.

5. PanelGuy

PanelGuy Well-Known Member

Yum acts weird

I too am having these problems with Yum on FC4. What is the ticket number so we can vote for it?

6. lloyd_tennison

Sorry ticket - not bugzilla. My DC seems to have answer. Will know if works in a few days. It seems to work today - but you never know if it will continue...

7. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

I do not know what errors you are getting, but if it's similar to:

Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: base
    failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
    Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from base: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

You either have the default mirror set still, which isn't even a mirror in itself...it's more like a load balancing file and then yum picks a mirror listed and often they fail. If you have a static mirror set in there, then consider using a different one. I know the latter issue witht he "dynamic" type mirrors are more of a prolem with CentOS, but some FC mirrors are problematic, too.

I use http://download.fedora.redhat.com on my home computers and some client's servers with no problems.

8. lloyd_tennison

It seemes to be an error with the dag database. It can become overwhelmed and then return a zero byte file that screws evertything up.

I am told NO repositories should be listed in yum.conf.