yum remove libc.so.6 problem!

Voltio

Oct 17, 2004
Hello guys,
I extremely need your help... I was trying to install Rar and I was having trouble with libc.so.6 so I read a post saying to unistall and re-install libc.so.6 using yum.. which I did I it erase a lot of stuff..
Some of them are:

Erasing : ncurses 147/152

Erasing : aspell 148/152

Erasing : gamin-devel 149/152

Erasing : glibc 150/152

Erasing : openssl 151/152

152 in total!! :(

I tried to install it back again using yum: yum install libc.so.6 so and only libc.so.6 so was installed!.. how can I get everything back again? I just notice that I cannot send emails through webmail! Im going nuts nowww ;( Please guys..give me a hand.

Voltio

Oct 17, 2004
I was able to get the list of dependencies that were removed. Im installing each one at a time. Is there a faster way to do this? Is there a command to install all dependencies needed for the system? Thanks.

garrettp

PartnerNOC
Jun 18, 2004
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You've broken a lot of things because libc is a core requirement of many of the packages installed on the system. This is why you saw the 152 items being uninstalled when you force-removed libc.

You may be able to find a list of the removed packages in /var/log/yum.log and using some greps and pipes reinstall those that were removed.

You may also be able to fix it by running a /scripts/upcp --force as well as the associated ones for cPanel services (i.e. /scripts/mysqlup --force).

At this point though I'm going to suggest you get someone who is more familiar with system administration to help you fix this, lest you may break more.