The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yum remove libc.so.6 problem!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voltio, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Voltio

Voltio Active Member

Hello guys,
    I extremely need your help... I was trying to install Rar and I was having trouble with libc.so.6 so I read a post saying to unistall and re-install libc.so.6 using yum.. which I did I it erase a lot of stuff..
    Some of them are:

Erasing : ncurses 147/152

Erasing : aspell 148/152

Erasing : gamin-devel 149/152

Erasing : glibc 150/152

Erasing : openssl 151/152

152 in total!! :(

I tried to install it back again using yum: yum install libc.so.6 so and only libc.so.6 so was installed!.. how can I get everything back again? I just notice that I cannot send emails through webmail! Im going nuts nowww ;( Please guys..give me a hand.

2. Voltio

Voltio Active Member

I was able to get the list of dependencies that were removed. Im installing each one at a time. Is there a faster way to do this? Is there a command to install all dependencies needed for the system? Thanks.

3. garrettp

garrettp Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You've broken a lot of things because libc is a core requirement of many of the packages installed on the system. This is why you saw the 152 items being uninstalled when you force-removed libc.

You may be able to find a list of the removed packages in /var/log/yum.log and using some greps and pipes reinstall those that were removed.

You may also be able to fix it by running a /scripts/upcp --force as well as the associated ones for cPanel services (i.e. /scripts/mysqlup --force).

At this point though I'm going to suggest you get someone who is more familiar with system administration to help you fix this, lest you may break more.