Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

YUM Update before or after installing cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by easyprosys, May 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. easyprosys

easyprosys Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have finally told Plesk Onyx to take a hike. I'm tired of the hassles. I'm now switching 25 servers overnight or so it would seem to cpanel. I run virtuozzo containers. With the horsepower I am using on each server I can easily run to cpanel installations per server. I am running dual Intel Xeon 3 GHz processor with 12GB SmartCache. 6 cores and 12 threads. Hardly a slouch compared to what I used to run. I have no intention of running the server hot.

My biggest customer does not care if it's one physical server or three containers each running cpanel. A higher profit margin for me.

This will be this will be my first installation. Each container has allocated to it 16GB and 1TB of RAID. The server is set to use a SSD drive for the cache. Now then, once I create the container and set it up with hostname and DNS and all of that do I want to wait to install cpanel and then do a yum update or should I do a yum update before installing cpanel?

thanks from the,

Bob

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Bob,

I recommend running yum update after installing cPanel & WHM. Our installer will automatically exclude packages packages that are not required (through the exclude= line in the /etc/yum.conf file). If new services are installed through YUM before you install cPanel & WHM, you may encounter compatibility issues. Also, ensure you are using the minimal instance of CentOS when initially provisioning the servers.

Let us know if you have any questions or encounter any issues with the installation. We're happy to help with any questions or concerns you have.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...