The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zone already exists, strange status messages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xstaci2k2, Jun 18, 2004.

1. xstaci2k2

xstaci2k2 Member

hi, i just today started getting these status messages on almost every page in WHM, i started to see them when i first deleted an account, which now i am having trouble using the domain from the deleted account for parking on top of another one.

ok, first there was an account, which i was going to take the domain it used and park it on top of another domain. i deleted the account that was using the domain i wanted to park, then at the bottom i got a message like this

9.4.0 127.0.0.1 - root [18/Jun/2004:15:08:59 -0400] "GET /scripts2/showversion HTTP/1.0" 0 "" ""

however it didnt say /showversion(showversion is from cluster page).

now i can't add any domain in dns, it says "Sorry, a DNS entry for already exists, please delete it first" when i try to add a dns zone through the "add a dns zone" option.

now if i try to park a domain it actually states the name of the domain in the error message. the "add a dns zone" option doesnt say any domain in its error. when i got the error from the parked domain option, i searched on the forums and read about old .conf.db files running around /var/named and i cleaned those out. made sure there were no bad entries in named.conf restarted named and still had the problem.

now this was really weird, after i tried the above(adding and parking) i went to "edit a dns zone". where it gave me the list of domains, plus 2 entries at the top containing this

"127.0.0.1 - root [18/Jun/2004:15:17:09 -0400] "GET /scripts2/getzonelist_local?dnsuniqid=duhepg_xRlVBhm5XG65o5IFP8GtnFolL HTTP/1.0" 0 "

i was wondering if those weird status messages i get on every page are supposed to be there?? and quite possibly are these stopping me from doing correct dns changes??? so far i have found these status messages on clustering, add a dns zone, deleting websites, deleting dns zones, parking/pointing. so im guessing this is something to do with DNS...

this is a 2 server dns cluster 9.4.0-C18, has anyone had this problem? anyone have any idea of fixes?

2. xstaci2k2

xstaci2k2 Member

i also noticed the css styles for my bluelagoon theme completely disappeared on both of my clustered servers.

*edit* nvm, this seems to be my computer

#2 xstaci2k2, Jun 18, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  3. Karateka

Karateka Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    We're experiencing the same problem when parking a domain.
    We're getting an error message stating that "Sorry, a DNS entry for domain.com already exists, please delete it first "

However, there are no references to domain.com in the DNS config files (the domain as never been on the server either).

4. xstaci2k2

xstaci2k2 Member

i broke the cluster of our 2 servers, now i can do what i was unable to do when they were clustered, however i need these servers to replicate dns zones, otherwise adding domains to both servers can be a pain in the ass.

should i update to fix this?