zone already exists, strange status messages

xstaci2k2

Nov 23, 2002
hi, i just today started getting these status messages on almost every page in WHM, i started to see them when i first deleted an account, which now i am having trouble using the domain from the deleted account for parking on top of another one.

ok, first there was an account, which i was going to take the domain it used and park it on top of another domain. i deleted the account that was using the domain i wanted to park, then at the bottom i got a message like this

9.4.0 127.0.0.1 - root [18/Jun/2004:15:08:59 -0400] "GET /scripts2/showversion HTTP/1.0" 0 "" ""

however it didnt say /showversion(showversion is from cluster page).

now i can't add any domain in dns, it says "Sorry, a DNS entry for already exists, please delete it first" when i try to add a dns zone through the "add a dns zone" option.

now if i try to park a domain it actually states the name of the domain in the error message. the "add a dns zone" option doesnt say any domain in its error. when i got the error from the parked domain option, i searched on the forums and read about old .conf.db files running around /var/named and i cleaned those out. made sure there were no bad entries in named.conf restarted named and still had the problem.

now this was really weird, after i tried the above(adding and parking) i went to "edit a dns zone". where it gave me the list of domains, plus 2 entries at the top containing this

"127.0.0.1 - root [18/Jun/2004:15:17:09 -0400] "GET /scripts2/getzonelist_local?dnsuniqid=duhepg_xRlVBhm5XG65o5IFP8GtnFolL HTTP/1.0" 0 "

i was wondering if those weird status messages i get on every page are supposed to be there?? and quite possibly are these stopping me from doing correct dns changes??? so far i have found these status messages on clustering, add a dns zone, deleting websites, deleting dns zones, parking/pointing. so im guessing this is something to do with DNS...

this is a 2 server dns cluster 9.4.0-C18, has anyone had this problem? anyone have any idea of fixes?

xstaci2k2

Nov 23, 2002
i also noticed the css styles for my bluelagoon theme completely disappeared on both of my clustered servers.

*edit* nvm, this seems to be my computer

Last edited:

Karateka

Apr 14, 2003
Austin, Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
We're experiencing the same problem when parking a domain.
We're getting an error message stating that "Sorry, a DNS entry for domain.com already exists, please delete it first "

However, there are no references to domain.com in the DNS config files (the domain as never been on the server either).

xstaci2k2

Nov 23, 2002
i broke the cluster of our 2 servers, now i can do what i was unable to do when they were clustered, however i need these servers to replicate dns zones, otherwise adding domains to both servers can be a pain in the ass.

should i update to fix this?