Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Zone Editor restricted to MX records?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Dec 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I wonder if anyone would be able to suggest why the Zone editor in cpanel might only allow the end user to edit and create MX records. On this server, they are unable to do anything else. I didn't know there was a way to restrict this and we may have done something accidentally, but I'm not sure exactly what.

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need the Advanced Zone Editor enabled in the package feature list assigned the domain to get full functionality.

In my opinion, not terribly intuitive, nor well thought out, that one has to enable a feature that is then available to the end user that then tells the user 'not to use it but go use something else'
    BUT if you disable the feature to only make the Zone Editor available to the end user and remove any confusion - then Zone Editor doesn't work fully ........ what devious developers logic am I missing here ? (probably quantum where everything can, and can not be at the same time.....and anything in between !!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 rpvw, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    4u123 likes this.
  3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Ahh - ok. Thanks for letting me know. Much appreciated. We didn't include the Advanced Editor on our new servers.

I thought that those old legacy editors could now be removed in feature manager as there have been several cpanel releases since the new editor was first introduced. I guess they haven't yet got around to fixing that one.

Thanks again.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

The removal of the "Simple Zone Editor" and "Advanced Zone Editor" options in the cPanel UI is tentatively planned for cPanel version 72. This is documented at:

cPanel Deprecation Plan - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

It's not possible to remove the "Advanced Zone Editor" feature from the cPanel UI without also disabling the advanced zone editing privileges for the "Zone Editor" option until such time.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...