The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zoneedit.com and WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikedell, Feb 2, 2011.

1. mikedell

mikedell Registered

Hello,

Okay first off forgive me if I come off sounding really stupid, Im a complete newb with the DNS.

Okay here it goes, I have a VPS with liquidweb's storm cloud, I want to host the dns for one of our project domains , a .ly extension with zoneedit.com

Last night I created the zone with zoneedit, and put the ip address of the server where the domain resides, and saved it. I then went to my .ly registar which is libyanspider.com and changed my nameservers to zoneedit's nameservers. Then I went into WHM and created a new domain and clicked in WHM (Use the nameservers specified at the Domain's Registrar) clicked submit. Now only the cPanel Inc. version of my domain resolves, but not the http:// version of my domain resolves.

So my question is what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello mikedell,

Could you provide either a screen print or details on what zoneedit.com shows for the domain? Otherwise, please provide the domain name itself for us to check it.

Thanks!