The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zonetransfer: cPanel --> Ensim 3.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindlash, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Mindlash

Mindlash Well-Known Member

New to cPanel, and Zone Transfers, however I've gotten the trust set up between the Master (Ensim) and the slave (cPanel), and have synced the domains..

When an account-level client creates an addon domain (cPanel), the subdomain is created properly, and the zone is created on the Master just fine, except the IP address it stores is that of the Ensim server and not the cPanel server.

Here's a bit more information (may be overkill but want to make sure I give enough info)

The files created via Ensim (server1/master) are stored as:
    db.domainname.com and contain the following style of information:
    All zone files created from cPanel (Slave/server2) on the master server or stored as: domain.com.db

I'm not sure if the spelling of the domain (within the /var/named/) directory matters or not, just wanted to point that out.

However the contents of the domain.com.db file is as follows:

notice the "domain.com. 14400 IN A 64.246.100.100" ... that's the same IP of the Ensim box, that should be the IP of the cPanel box (where it will be hosted)

Does anyone else have this same setup?
    Cpanel --> Ensim Zone transfers?

Thank you all for your help in advance!

.:. Mindlash

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Mindlash

Mindlash Well-Known Member

If I need to give actual IP's and possibly access to the server so that someone might be able to better understand, please let me know... I need to get this up and running fairly quickly.

:)

Thanks.